Take That Business Man

Into the fray with you boy.

8.10.2005

These Are the Bad Times

In the video biz you need lots of storage.
Loads of storage.
So I have a little under a tera byte of storage space for my Media 100.
Last week during the storms that we had here in Atlanta one partition of my Lacie Big Drive (500GB) dissapeared.
Gone.
With the Wind.
This is normally not that tragic, but contaied within this drive were the Media 100 program files for every project... for the last 3 years.
Why didn't you back them up you ask.
Because I'm an IDIOT!
This problem is compounded by the fact that I have several revisions that I need to get to that are now gone.
No revisions= No Money = No drinks.

I'd like to say that this experience has given me some great insight into my life and it's tribulation.
It has not. In fact I'm willing to bet that within a year I'll have another problem/meltdown of equal or greater magnitude occur.
No, what I learned from this is that not being vigilent with hard copy backups will cost you money.
Lots 'O Money

NEW EXTERNAL FIREWIRE HARD DRIVE
- $302.69
DATA RECOVERY - $732


As a side note I'm in the middle of a project for DBI. Market research video for laminators. This is an Englishman named Hugo.

2 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger rp said...

Sucks.

But that Hugo is quite the stylish devil.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger ablebody said...

what's funny is that no matter what DBI 'uncovers' in their strategizing, they'll make some cliche crap-faced choice that will make their client's product go unnoticed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home