Take That Business Man

Into the fray with you boy.

8.02.2006

Allow him to retort

Good Buddy RP had a nice retort to my latest McKinny rant
Here it is...
It's funny how those candidates kept misspelling all those words, even though they were just saying them, not writing them.

All jokes aside, is the problem with Cynthia McKinney that she's outspoken and African-American? I mean, is she even in your district? I look at it this way: If she can punch a cop in the face and still make her opponent force her into a runoff, well then, she's doing something right.

I also look at it this way: She was the very first politician to come out after 9/11 and start calling bullshit, not only on the Bush administration, but on everybody who blindly followed the party line. Personally, I want my politicians to be trouble-makers. But if you want some boring-ass sewer-manager or whatever who took money from Republicans, then I guess that's your prerogative.

His comments made me look into what I really want out of a politician. And that is nothing. I've always said that I want a person who will go to congress and pass no new laws, vote no on everything save tax cuts and push for the elimination of government programs. To basically put the brakes on the runaway train that is our federal government.
So by this rational...I should love Cynthia.
But I think he missed my point. She has no platform, no direction or plan that she has touted to improve her district. She's running her campaign based solely on Hank Johnson's negatives. The same can be said for Mr Johnson, his campaign slogan has basically been..
"Hank Johnson, not Cynthia McKinny".
I guess that I need to clarify what I meant in the last post.
They are both concentrating on the politics of personal destruction. Shame on both of them. It's just that I expect more out of an incumbent candidate who has served 10+ years in congress.
I am not endorsing either candidate, neither is a viable option.
It is a sad time in America when our politicians can't say what good they want to do for our country, only what a bad person their opponent is.



As a reminder everyone needs to remember to register to vote. You need to do it now so that you can vote in the upcoming fall election. This link will get you the form to fill out and the address to send it to.


(As for why McKinny never gets and E, she stole my sign, I steal her E)

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger maryk said...

I can sort of follow rp's thinking. But, from what i've seen, she tends to manipulate by playing the race card. People are full of manipulatableness. And she knows it. It's a cheap tactic. And everyone needs to move ahead of that type of thinking. (Not that the mere concept of getting elected isn't frought with manipulation of one type or another....) I wish that guy's campaign HAD been "Not Cynthia McKinney."
Dan's cousin is running for congress in upstate ny against a 70-something year old woman who has been in office forEVER. we were drinking and brainstorming campaign ideas, when i offered the idea: "Fuck Louise Slaughter!!!" Three exclamation points are a must. The key, also, is that it would be executed exclusively by skywriting.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger maryk said...

Your title also reminds me of a funny funny bit on Strangers with candy:
Jellineck: "Let him speak!"
Stew the meat man: "Him who?"
Jellineck: "Him me."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home