Take That Business Man

Into the fray with you boy.

9.26.2005

Be Gone Old Friend

I have to end a friendship. I have been nurturing this relationship for about 6 years and the time has come to make a break.
It is with my gut.

Today I weigh 180lbs.
I am endeavoring to lose 15 pounds in a month.
I believe that this is possible.

Step #1: Gym Membership:
I have this already because my girlfriend bought me one, a not so subtle hint.

Step #2: Three meals a day:
I'm really bad at this because most days I won't eat when I first wake up. Then I forget about eating and won't eat till 4 pm, causing me to be very hungry again at midnight at which time I order Pizza or Chinese food and fall fast asleep. (DAMN YOU CHOPSTIX)

Step #3: Beer:
As many of you know Beer is one of my oldest and dearest friends (notice that I capitalized the name) and will be the most difficult challenge of this project. I have to eliminate beer from my diet and will do so by not drinking beer during the work week. Beer is okay on Saturday and Sunday and for Falcons Games. I wanted to have all the beer out of my house by today but at last count I had around 36 12 oz cans in the fridge. Any help?

Step #4: Healthy Eating:
No more fried foods, No more bowls of mac and cheese for a meal, No more eating like a Roman noble (gluttony).
Light breakfast (can't do more because eating in the morning makes me ill) most any thing I want for lunch and a sensible dinner. I feel like Tommy Lasorda.

I think that my goal is a reasonable one and I like a challenge. I am going to post shots of my gut throughout the process, if I ever get the camera working. If any one has any good recipes that they want to contribute please feel free.

I just read over what I have written and I miss beer already.

Speaking of which, I read DRY over the weekend. It's by Augusten Burrouhgs. His second book, all about rehab and the 'drying' out process. I read it in about 6 hours. Good Book.

3 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Jarvis Effect
Call it the Jarvis Effect. At an advertising conference today, someone asked me if Jeff Jarvis' recent rants on Dell measurably impacted sales.
If you're interested in alabama asbestos mesothelioma symptom, check out my blog HERE. btw nice site :)

alabama asbestos mesothelioma symptom

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger maryk said...

I just discovered your blog. It's great! I sell Corta-Slim through the mail.

...just kidding. It's mary kraft. I would suggest, NOT eating 3 meals/day, but a number of smaller snacking meals throughout the day, when it's possible (says the girl shaped like a pear). It helps, though, to not get to that really hungry point. And if you start working out, the weight loss will compound, b/c you'll be burning calories for hours after you exercise. Yogurt's a good thing to eat as a snack even at night (if you're exercising) b/c you're burning those calories while you sleep.
Don't TOTALLY cut out all the fried or comfort foods, I say, b/c then you'll feel deprived and susceptible to a big gluttonous feast to soothe yourself.

Ok. Good luck. Holla.
~mk

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger maryk said...

"Yogurt's a good thing to eat as a snack even at night (if you're exercising) b/c you're burning those calories while you sleep. "

It's a metabolism thing. Keeping fuel in your system keeps the metabolism up.
~mk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home